Thursday

The purpose of a fashion blog or style diary

I have just read a poll on IFB asking why we visit (fashion) blogs.

In my case, it's mainly for inspiration. But I don't want to get inspiration from celebrities... I like to check everyday pictures of regular people.

I don't mind if there is one or two fashion tips on the way, or a small text. I don't mind reading about a new product or promotion. But not all the time.

Some people start as independent bloggers and get kind of greedy when they realize they can make money out of it. Lots of cool blogs have been spoiled--in all senses--because of that. I give up on blogs with lots of advertising. I give up on bloggers I feel are not sincere and just want to sell a product.

It's hard to display our own pictures. For me, aside from the dedication it takes, I don't quite enjoy the show-off, but that's what really helps--myself and others. Myself, because I can learn from the experiments and exercise my creativity. Others, because of the inspiration we get from each other. Style blogs are vain? Sometimes, yes. But they don't have to be. I've been reading fashion magazines since I was a girl, and most of them include the "street fashion" section. Does it differ from what we (I) do? The answer is no. What changed is that the internet has made it easier for the audience to broadcast their own ideas... what can be, but not necessarily is, stupid and futile.

No comments:

Post a Comment